Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Whoooo.....lots to do

Cover shot for Atomic Ranch? I think not. 

The roof has become the biggest deal around the house. It's bad. It seems like everything is falling apart at the same time but I'm fortunate that the roof is not leaking. I've been considering doing it myself. I've helped many people do roofing and I did the garage on my old house. I just don't have the time to orchestrate all of that at the moment. Now that it's lawn mowing season, I've mowed the lawn three times and fixed the lawn mower three times. The new lawn mower. I hate mowing the lawn. The string trimmer won't start. The push mower wont start. The chimney is falling apart. It's was 34° this morning and it's supposed to be close to 90° tomorrow. Why does that matter? The chimney is for the furnace. The air conditioner is also broken. So basically, we have no HVAC. Due to a recent purchase of a piece of um...fitness...equipment we moved our kids into one room. I had the bright idea to build them some custom beds. In my free time. That's pretty funny there, Mr. Jokey Jokes. Free time. Ha. Did I mention I'm working 56hrs a week? I had to park the work car because of a mystery noise that sounds expensive. The motorcycle I just got needs some maintenance before I can commute on that. The wife's car... What was I talking about? Oh yeah, the roof.
I got a couple of estimates to replace the roof. As much as it pains me to do so, I think I'm going to have to pay someone to do it. I'm not worried about the paying part. Of course it hurts to write a check but it's the having someone else do my work part that bug me. I think it's the Midwestern blue-collar thing. Around here everyone I knew growing up had to help their Dad re-roof the house. Me included. I'm not losing any sleep over it or anything. I like the fact that while I'm at work it will be getting done. It just feels weird. It will give me the time to work on all the other stuff that has to be done. Perhaps with the vacation time I'll save I will be able to actually do something relaxing. I wonder what that's like?

Kinda sorta, if you flip it and squint.

There are plenty of things to blog about with this house. I'm excited about the potential. It could be a cool place to come home to. I just hope I can get to that point without losing my damn mind. Let's see if I can actually get the house going and blog about it.
Most of the attitude here is just self-depricating silliness. It's just how I am. I'm happy to have a roof over my head and have a home to share with my Wife and boys. If I have any readers...keep checking in.
Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment